Friday, June 17, 2016

For my final piece, I will utilize a shadow box to tell the story of my childhood up until my life changed. It will be a piece based around the idea of nostalgia and growing up. I have several photographs that I have taken from when I was younger that remind me of a place and time that no longer seems to exists. I plan to modify these photos with effects that mirror the feelings that I feel now as opposed to what I felt then. I will also place inside the shadow box small artifacts and figurines that have played a significant role in my life or that symbolize a facet of my past. I find shadow boxes to be much like windows so this piece will offer the opportunity to look into my past.






A lot of my inspiration will come from Joseph Cornell


No comments:

Post a Comment